Thursday, May 16, 2013
Friend of mine.
Here's why we'll never truly have a shot:
I will always have to live with the fact that I wasn't your first choice.
And I don't want that for me. I believe I deserve better.
Please hear me out.
I have been half in love with you since our sophomore year in Pisay. Once upon a time, you were my first choice. In fact, you were my only one. I remained friends with you even after you left me hanging, chose your friends over me, and downright broke my heart. Even after you left, I was always there. Ready. Waiting.
And you have always looked at me as a bestfriend. You only had two girl bestfriends and I was one of them. Lucky me. Or not...
I knew that you loved me, however less... But the thing is (I mean, was), I have always loved you more... more than I care to admit, more than the whole world knew.
I was your shock absorber whenever things weren't so great with you and your then-girlfriend. I was your bridge to her, the official delivery girl of your love notes, and I was the one you both ran to for advice because that's how awesome I was.
I didn't know then that what I felt for you was real. For me, it was all just...normal...natural...like breathing. Yeah, loving you came as naturally as breathing. It was easy and I didn't even have to think it over.
Maybe it was just who I am, pure unadulterated awesome. Or maybe it was because I truly loved you. Maybe both.
I was happy seeing you happy.
I was happy being who you needed me to be.
It didn't hurt until it did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment